- Home Page
- About us
- Room hire
An open letter to local schools from the Polish community
We are writing to local schools to ask them to include, within their teaching, elements representing Polish culture. We are asking that schools show an interest in the cultural background of their Polish pupils and, in a broader context, of the Polish community living in the UK. We are launching this initiative in light of the post-Brexit atmosphere of hostility, affirming that Polish community has become an integral part of British society.
Please read this letter and sign it in support.
SPS offers Polish and other Eastern European migrants 1-2-1 information/ signposting sessions,
supporting them by:
- Completing and explaining a wide range of official forms and documents
- Registering with schools and GP`s
- Support in cases of discrimination and hate crime
- Translating letters
- Helping with bills, council tax etc. v - Delivered 4 days per week
- To meet the high demand for this service, we introduced a second advisor, thanks to funding received from Nottingham City Council, Metropolitan Migration Foundation.
- April 2013 March 2014 = approx. 1823 sessions delivered
- Majority of clients from NG7
- Most popular issue housing
- Age range - between 18 and 70. Female - 57%, male 43%.